Now to the relief of Tun Mahathir that his now defunct Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (PPBM) has been dergistered; what is he and the the other two making up the Three (3) going to do?
Well no doubt the first that that has taken place was a sigh of relief; because now the can stop the pretence of having Malaysians believe that they are actually a party that can win a substansial number of seat in the 14th general election.
In The Corridores of Power blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin (RPK) writes
Why Was PPBM Deregistered?
PPBM was a walking dead political party from the start.
PPBM’s deregistration also means that they will not have to stand alone when they are thourghly defeated at the polls.
Which by they way Tun Mahathir knows will happen.
He (Tun Mahathir) got glimpses of his political fate when:
- Malaysians didn’t buy into RM Billions vanishing into thin air only to reappear.
- The supposedly million plus signatures were as bogus as his son Mukhriz being prime minister material.
- He could not get the Malay crowd to turn out for any of his so called events.
- His apology tour was met with yawns by the public.
- There was no buzz when he became Pakatan Harapan’s designated selection for prime minister.
This is where things become interesting; Tun Mahathir believed that his son Mukhriz and Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin could ride his coattail to victory. Now they are riding his (Tun Mahathir’s) coattail to defeat.
The Registra of Societies just made the 3Ms defeat a little more easier for them (3M’s) to digest as they will not be singled out as having failed as a political party. They will now be able to spread the blame among their Pakatan Harapan cohorts.
So what’s next for the 3Ms of the now defunct PPBM?
Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin can continue activities in the lotus garden.
Mukhriz will come to realize that the apple sometimes falls far from the tree.
And Tun Mahathir can pursue retirement knowing that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak gave him a Master’s class in the Art of War of Politics!